To work honestly in a team, to share the experiences and deal with complex problems, aiming to excellence. To deliver the best of care to all Patients indistinctly regarding race, religion, and social status. To respect all my Colleagues, and to take responsibility and to teach my younger ones.
EndoUrology: laser enucleation of the prostate (THULEP, HOLEP, GreenLight Laser); laser treatment of urinary stones (RIRS, URS); laser treatment of bladder cancer (en-block resection) and conventional resection in-fractions (TURBT). Andrology: Minimally invasive treatment of Varicocele (antegrade embolization and microsurgery); TESE and micro-TESE, over 50 penile prostheses (one and three-components) implantation as the second operator. Open Surgery: nephrectomy, partial nephrectomy, cystectomy, and urinary diversions and reservoirs, radical retropubic prostatectomy, RPLND. Urology urgencies: Fournier Gangrene, nephrostomy, urology trauma. Laparoscopy: in the team, all the procedures. Robotic surgery: starting certificate.
During the 13 years spent at Saint Raphael Hospital, I developed my surgical skills and management competencies. Then I worked as head physician in ICCS for six years dealing with staff management, surgical development, OPD and ER, quality and risk management, supervision. From 2008 to 2017, I took care of urological support for patients at the Monzino Cardiology Center and at the Besta Neurological Center in Milan. In 2008-2010 I worked as a visiting doctor, handler of Urology services at Saint James Hospital, Tripoli, Libya. On my military duty, in 1993, I was in charge of the health services of my department.
- consultant • Mediclinic middle east, Dubai, UAE • Mar 2019 - to date
- consultant • Emirates Hospital, Dubai, UAE • Jul 2018 - Dec 2018
- consultant • Al Garhoud hospital, Dubai, UAE • Sep 2017 - June 2018
- chief urology staff • Iccs, Milan, Italy • Nov 2011 - Aug 2017
- specialist and consultant • saint Raphael hospital, Milan, Italy • Jan 1998 - Oct 2011
Always involved in the outpatient clinic, Urology, and Andrology surgery, quality management, risk management, staff management. Scientific writing and reviewer. Technical surgeries development.
- specialist urology degree• Dec 1997 • The University of Trieste, Italy (Grade 70/70)
- Master-degree on urology, andrology, and nephrology ultrasound• Dec 1997 • university of Perugia, Italy (Grade 70/70)
- Medical degree • Oct 1991 • The University of Trieste, Italy (Grade 110/110)
Author and co-Author of 42 original articles indexed on PUBMED.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed
Search details: raber m[Author] OR raber m[Investigator]
CME and Scientific associations
- CME program of Dubai Health Authority and European Association of Urology;
- Member of European Association of Urology;
- Member of Emirates Medical Society;
- Subscriber of European Urology.
From 2010 to 2017, I worked as a volunteer at the Opera San Francesco in Milan as head of urological support for the poor people and refugees. In 2017 I worked as a meal server at the same institution.
Italian, English, Portuguese and French